Augmented reality has recently become one of the most widely used tools in marketing campaigns. Every day, more and more brands are betting on experiential marketing and, nowadays, AR turns out to be their perfect ally due to the great impact it generates.
For a few years now, it has been said that augmented reality would have an exponential growth, both within many companies and in advertising. Well, it seems that this moment has already arrived because more and more advertisements and digital marketing campaigns are offering web AR experiences . This refers to experiences that the user can see immediately in a web navigator without the need to download an app.
Process of augmented reality advertising campaigns
Engaging and making the audience fall in love is an increasingly difficult challenge. Consumer behaviour and trends are changing, as are their needs. Society is oversaturated with information and advertisements, so companies have to find new ways to create new advertising solutions and, more importantly, to deliver what society demands
This is exactly what augmented reality offers to potential customers of brands. It therefore brings many benefits both to the audience, who can experience, feel and have fun, and to companies, who see a very positive return on their augmented reality marketing campaigns.
Make leads and improve your conversion rate .
According to Snap Consumer AR 2021, there are currently more than 100 million consumers shopping through augmented reality experiences . By 2025, it is predicted that nearly 75% of the world’s smartphone-using population will be frequent AR consumers.
Brands can benefit and offer their potential customers personalized and more engaging experiences. As a result, web traffic and the number of leads will increase and, more importantly, the conversation rate will increase by up to 94 percent more, according to the same report.
These metrics are not the only ones that improve, but also the time a user spends on the website or on the advert and the purchasing decision power is multiplied.
Experiences, more than any text, image or video advertisement, generate emotions in users that make the interaction between the brand and users last over time and be repeated . Experiential marketing with augmented reality, therefore, offers almost double the visual attention. This translates into stronger memory and more powerful responses from consumers .
Improve net promoter score NPS
A good augmented reality advertising campaign will offer the user a unique experience. This is what people are looking for, to experience, to be excited and to live adventures. As a result, in addition to engagement, the NPS will also improve . This is the ultimate goal of a company, not only to build customer loyalty, but also for customers to become brand promoters and to share and recommend it.
Brand positioning and build trust ;
If the experience that users get from a web AR campaign is positive, they will consciously identify with the products and they build their trust among certain companies ,furtherly it helps for growth of the company.so building trust is more important between buyers or sellers and trust is more important to any companies growth.
Augmented reality provides such a realistic user experience that it creates a much deeper and more consolidated memory than any other type of advertising campaign. This creates a closer relationship between the brand and the user. As a result, it stands out from the rest because it not only shows its product or service, but also shares exactly what it means to buy it.
Benefits of augmented reality in marketing and advertising.
Augmented Reality and Marketing are two concepts that go hand in hand nowadays. AR has an infinite number of applications, can be implemented in any industry and offers many possibilities in the area of advertising.
We have already mentioned that more and more companies from different sectors are incorporating this technology into their marketing campaigns, but how do they integrate it and what role does AR play?
- It allows for a much more immersive and interactive storytelling format based on three-dimensional experiences. It also has the ability to bring together multiple digital communication assets and branded content.
- It offers additional but significant information. For example, a bottle of wine with a QR code that, when scanned, shows its characteristics and fun facts.
- Add value and originality . Many brands are starting to develop web AR games with incentives and prizes to offer a longer and more fun experience to the user in order to build a relationship.
- It offers a real experience and creates a new bidirectional communication channel that leads to user interaction. For example, a mupi or a billboard on the street or at a bus stop with an integrated augmented reality experience. A new model of interactive advertising with a much more attractive format to seduce the user.
- It creates a relationship between the brand and the user through gamification processes. We are talking, for example, about being able to take the user to different locations, such as a treasure hunt, or even the creation of interactive games. Imagine you are in a restaurant and, while you are waiting for your food, you can play a game, win prizes and even free food. This is what Goiko did for a campaign to launch a new burger.